Monday, 7 November 2016
UN Investigating NATO Massacre as Civilian Death Toll Reaches 32
The U.N. Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) said at least 32 people had been killed and 19 wounded in the strikes in Buz Kandahari near Kunduz, the vast majority women and children.
The deaths add to a growing civilian casualty total in Afghanistan, where 95 have been killed and 111 injured in the past week alone, according to U.N. figures.
"The loss of civilian life is unacceptable and undermines efforts toward building peace and stability in Afghanistan," said Tadamichi Yamamoto, the Secretary-General's Special Representative for Afghanistan and head of UNAMA. Link