Monday 13 April 2009

Bizarre NATO Disclaimers Continue



12th April
US air strikes in Afghanistan's eastern Kunar province overnight killed six civilians, including a woman and two children, and wounded 17 others, media reports said.

"We were asleep and all of a sudden the roof collapsed. I don't remember anything. I got to know here that my father, my mother, my brother and my younger sister were all killed and I am wounded," said a 14 year-old boy quoted by Iran's state news network Press TV.

A US military spokesman in the capital Kabul said he had no information about the strike which came only a week after US-led troops killed four civilians including a newborn baby during an operation in the eastern province of Khost.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force confirmed there were clashes in the area but did not provide any further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment