Saturday 14 December 2013

Killing sparks fears for safety of 600 Afghan interpreters

Killing sparks fears for safety of 600 Afghan interpreters:
"They also confirmed that one interpreter had returned to his home town in another province and been shot dead in what is suspected to be a Taliban revenge attack.
Fairfax Media is aware of the man's name and the location of the killing but is not publishing the details to protect his family.
One interpreter who spoke on condition of anonymity, said he and his colleagues were now mostly in hiding trying to keep a low profile in the hope they will survive until they get visas.
"It is very dangerous at the moment. I try not to go out and I stay inside with my family. I'm very worried but I know the Australian embassy is trying to get us out,'' he said by telephone from a major city outside of Uruzgan."


No comments:

Post a Comment