Thursday, 5 November 2015

Kunduz hospital bombing: US knew site was safe from Taliban but bombed it anyway

Image result for MSF
Kunduz hospital bombing: US knew site was safe from Taliban but bombed it anyway, claims MSF inquiry | Asia | News | The Independent



In Kabul, the group’s general director, Christopher Stokes, told reporters that the Pentagon had been in direct contact just days before the attack, asking whether Taliban militiamen were “holed up” in the Kunduz hospital compound or if the staff felt threatened. Mr Stokes said the group replied that there were no armed members of the Taliban on the grounds and the 140-bed hospital was functioning normally. He said there were no follow-up exchanges with the US military, which was aiding Afghan soldiers who were seeking to drive out the Taliban from Kunduz.

No comments:

Post a Comment